Executive and Program Administrator
OPENING: Executive and Program Administrator, VoteRunLead
Location: New York, NY
Starting: Available immediately
VoteRunLead trains barrier-breaking women to run for political office and win. We empower real women to run for local and state office because more women in politics creates real change, effective democracy, and better government. We are a national, nonpartisan, civic leadership organization for women of all backgrounds. We use training, technology, and community to create large-scale impact on women’s representation and to fuel women’s ambition for political leadership, increase diversity, and close the knowledge gap around civic engagement for women of all classes, cultures, and colors. For more information, please visit www.voterunlead.org
VoteRunLead is an expansion stage non-profit, now planning to significantly scale to meet heightened market demand. The VoteRunLead Executive team is looking for an exceptionally motivated, responsible administrator with experience supporting teams in fast-paced environments. The Executive and Program Administrator must be a results-focused, highly organized collaborator who is able to work both independently and help other team members deliver measurable, impactful results that make the VoteRunLead vision a reality.
Reporting to the CEO of VoteRunLead, the Executive and Program Administrator will coordinate Executive and Organizational calendars, provide hands-on preparation and support for both internal and external meetings and events, including travel and communication. The goal of the Administrator is to ensure organization-wide professionalism, follow-through, and efficiency. The successful candidate for this role thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working behind the scenes to execute big ideas and make sure processes run smoothly, excels at managing deadlines, and anticipates needs and priorities to work proactively.
- Handle the day-to-day communications for the Executive Team.
- Preparation of meeting agendas and meeting notes.
- Ownership of calendars for the Executive Team, including scheduling media events, interviews, and Board meetings.
- Ownership of Organizational calendars, including the Special Projects and Editorial Calendars.
- Create initial drafts and proofread reports and written documents.
- Maintain and organize records systems, including Google Drive folders, physical files, and CRM database.
- Assist bookkeeper with receipt management and basic accounting needs, including invoicing and credit card management.
- Generally manage the office and ensure things run smoothly, including tracking and ordering supplies and inventory, and providing orientation and onboarding for new staff and consultants.
- Support Program Activities as needed, including coordinating with Program Director and facilitating program related meetings and projects.
VoteRunLead is seeking an experienced Executive and Program Administrator who will fully commit their administrative and operational talents to support our mission, and will execute their responsibilities with minimal supervision, sound judgment, and confidentiality.
Specific requirements include
- Passion to drive change and create impact in women’s representation and leadership.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- A strong track record and drive for “getting sh** done”.
- Ability to manage a variety of initiatives and tasks concurrently.
- High energy, professionalism, and positive attitude with the ability to move between strategic and tactical levels.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including program participants, staff, board members, volunteers, donors, alumnae, and other support and partner organizations.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, VoteRunLead offers an excellent benefit plan including health insurance with BlueCross-BlueShield, flexible scheduling, and paid travel expenses with the opportunity to participate in high-impact women’s leadership forums around the country.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: “Executive and Program Administrator Application”. In the email, please include a 1 paragraph story (not to exceed 100 words) that exemplifies why you would be great for this position.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. VoteRunLead is an equal opportunity employer. VoteRunLead prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.