VoteRunLead alum Ihan Omar won her primary for Minnesota's State House. She is poised to become the nation's first Somali-American legislator.
How to engage the next generation of political activists? My Uncle Sib recruited me to be a neighborhood foot soldier for his favored candidates as soon as I entered kindergarten. You wanted campaign flyers, buttons, bumper stickers? I was your connection.
VoteRunLead’s own Erin Vilardi will be on the Wheel of Fortune tomorrow, Tuesday, February 3rd!
Did you think I meant cussin’? Heck no! I meant swearing in! Erin’s Facebook page has been loaded with VRL members swearing into to their new seats over the last few days.
- Denise Schultz of Franklin will be sworn in to the Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women!
- Faith Winter brought her kids and hubby to the Colorado State House for the event.
- Kristy Pagan had her parents by her side for her swearing in for the Michigan House of Representatives.
More importantly, alumnae like Yemesrach Yohannes are sharing that they are taking the next step in their leadership, enrolling in graduate levels courses. And Tiffini Flynn Forslund was featured in TV ad about school reform.
Way to go, ladies!
Happy New Year!
Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, meow run stretching jump on the table knock over the lamp, shed everywhere zzz fluffy fur litter box chase the red dot stretching chuf. Catnip sleep in the sink eat hiss litter box, puking litter box knock over the lamp climb the curtains chuf zzz. Give me fish purr meow meow hairball, stuck in a tree chuf shed everywhere lick attack your ankles. Zzz lick sleep on your face stretching, eat the grass scratched claw jump on the table attack your ankles eat the grass. Litter box toss the mousie leap scratched, claw stretching sniff claw scratched climb the curtains toss the mousie hiss. Toss the mousie stretching hairball sleep in the sink, eat give me fish attack climb the curtains feed me tail flick sniff. Bat hiss fluffy fur claw sleep in the sink, toss the mousie meow leap sleep on your keyboard sleep on your face. Litter box feed me run climb the curtains biting, run stretching I don’t like that food meow I don’t like that food run.
- bullet color
These past few months have been huge for us here at VRL. We launched just four short months ago, and in that time, we’ve had five launch parties across the country in October, held a national training conference in November, appeared on over a dozen news and special interest website (including Marie Claire), and we’ve made connections with over 20 million people worldwide.
Check out our full stats below!
How do we keep up the good work?
Thanks to the generosity of men and women across the country, we are able to provide a high-quality political education to thousands of women. When you become a VRL supporter, you are directly contributing to that education. Every dollar we receive before the end of the year will be matched!
1. ELIGIBILITY: Promotional Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia and to legal residents who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of VoteRunLead. (the “Sponsor”), and its affiliates, contractors, subsidiaries, as well as their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses) and persons living in the household of each, are not eligible to participate. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void outside of the United States and/or wherever else prohibited or restricted by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Share your email address with VoteRunLead. On the same page, confirm your e-mail address and agree to VoteRunLead’s Official Rules. Incomplete or intentionally false entries will be disqualified. Additional entries can be made by referring a friend.
3. ALTERNATE MEANS OF ENTRY: To enter this Sweepstakes without entering your email address online, simply hand-print your name, complete address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number, birth date, and e-mail address (optional) on a 3” x 5” card and mail it to: VoteRunLead, Holiday Sweepstakes Entry, 1103 Missouri Ave, Duluth, MN 55811. Only mailed entries will be entered into the Sweepstakes. No copies, facsimiles or mechanical reproductions of any kind will be accepted. Limit one mail-in entry per postmarked envelope. All entries received become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned, nor is the Sponsor responsible for illegible, incomplete, late, lost, mutilated, misdirected, postage-due or stolen entries.
4. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Holiday Sweepstakes begins on December 8, 2014 at 10:00:01 a.m. EST and ends on December 26, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer system is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) winner every week will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries received. The drawings will be held no more than two (2) business days following the end of every week, and will be performed by the Sponsor. Winners must claim their prize within five (5) days of notification from Sponsor or the award will be revoked and a new drawing will be held from all of the remaining entries.
6. PRIZES/ODDS: One winner each week will be awarded a VRL Prize Pack from Sponsor. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Prize is not redeemable for cash. All taxes, if applicable, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize, not specified herein, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. GENERAL TERMS/CONDITIONS: Decisions of Sponsor are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. By participating, entrants accept and agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any entries not received in time for the drawing, faulty machinery, telephone line disruptions, printing or other mechanical/electronic errors, scanner or computer hardware or software malfunction, or any technical or human failures, errors or difficulties of any kind, or any unauthorized access to, or theft of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes. If such error occurs, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes and select a winner from all entries received up to the time of termination or modification. In no event will more than one (1) prize be awarded. Acceptance of prize offered constitutes winner’s permission to use their name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: SPONSOR GIVES AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRIZE, ITS AWARD, OR ANY INDIVIDUAL’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM, ANY OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION THAT MAY AFFECT THE SWEEPSTAKES.
9. RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH INDIVIDUAL RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10. GOVERNING LAW: This Sweepstakes and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and participants will be governed and controlled by the laws of the state of New York. All actions, proceedings and litigation relating hereto, or arising out of the Sweepstakes, will be instituted and prosecuted solely within a court in New York.
11. WINNER LIST: For the name of the winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: VoteRunLead, Holiday Sweepstakes Winner Request, 1103 Missouri Ave, Duluth, MN 55811. Sponsor must receive all requests for the names of the winners within thirty (30) days after published end date of Promotion.
A Mom who has it all can be the most difficult person on your list. But, VoteRunLead is here to help! We created a unique list of must-haves for Moms this holiday season.