OPENING: Development Manager (Fundraising), VoteRunLead
Location: New York, NY
Start date: Open now
VoteRunLead (VRL) is a national, nonpartisan civic leadership organization for women of all backgrounds. We unleash the power of female leaders in a democracy through training, technology, and community to create large-scale impact on women’s representation. Using social network-based recruitment tools, an open online platform, and in-person training, we fuel women’s ambition for political leadership, increase diversity, and close the knowledge gap around civic engagement for women of all classes, cultures, and colors. For more information, please visit www.voterunlead.org
VoteRunLead is an expansion stage non-profit, now seeking to test, pilot and establish its “VRL 3.0” business strategy and looking to significantly scale to meet heightened market demand. The VRL Board and Executive team are looking for a driven, focused team-player with experience managing Non-profit Development functions in fast-paced environments.
Reporting to the CEO, the Development Manager will execute the development operations as VoteRunLead continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Manager will have the opportunity to build and influence this function. The Manager will be supported by and will collaborate closely with VRL’s part-time grant-writer, Director of Communications, and COO.
- Develop and execute VRL’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage process around Moves Management and Pipeline tracking and reporting
- Manage the implementation of donor-related functions in NeonCRM, including data entry and gift processing
- Support and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee organization of special fundraising related events
- Track and support on proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising
- Ensure donor acknowledgements and related compliance actions are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Passion to drive change and create impact around women’s leadership
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including program participants, staff, board members, volunteers, donors, alumni, and other supporter and partner organizations
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Prior relevant experience in nonprofit development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Donor-management systems
VoteRunLead offers an excellent benefit plan including health insurance with BlueCross-BlueShield, flexible scheduling, and paid travel expenses with the opportunity to participate in high-impact women’s leadership forums around the country.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED