- This event has passed.
Women Run 2018 – VoteRunLead’s Post Women’s March Event
January 20 @ 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm ESTFree
**We are thrilled to announce NYC Public Advocate Letitia “Tish” James will kick-off the celebration, followed by remarkable VoteRunLead alumnae, and Allie Hoffman of March On.***
Join us at the beautiful Helen Mills Event Space on West 26th Street in Manhattan, from 4:00pm – 7:30pm on Saturday, January 20.
- Inspiring speakers + meet women running right now!
- Powerful conversation to stop harassment and assault; sign the declaration to lead.
- Coaches and Experts on hand to help you run, win, advocate, and agitate.
- Meet community organizations and leaders.
- DJ Stef Nava, Food, Wine and Networking.
Our “Time’s Up: Ending Sexual Assualt and Harrassment” panelists are City Council Member Helen Rosenthal, co-chair of the Women’s Caucus, Rebecca Traister, write and author-at-large, New York Magazine, and Melissa Mark-Viverto, Co-Founder of 21 for 21 and former Speaker of the NYC Council, and Jehmu Greene, Fox News Contributor and VoteRunLead Founding Board Member. Moderated by Emily Epstein, Executive News Editor, Bustle.
Our experts and on-site coaches include:
- Rhonda Briggins, national grassroots organizer and campaign strategist.
- Kimberly Peeler-Allen, recognized expert on black women’s political participation and fundraising for candidates of color.
- Liz Johnson, rural women’s leadership guru.
- Moira McDermott, ready to get more women on the NYC Council by 2021.
- Heidi Sieck, cutting-edge advocate galvanizing pro-choice America.
- Stephanie Berger, national fundraising powerhouse specializing in women candidates.
- Monica Klein, for advocacy tools and tips to lead a political life.
- Nathalie Molina Nino, global entrepreneur, investor and advocate for women and girls.
- …and so many more!
14 great partner organizations, food, wine and we will end the celebration with a Power Moves Dance Party with DJ Stef Nava!
Note Time Change: The event will end at 7:30pm
- Location – Helen Mills Event Space, 137 W 26th St, New York, NY 10001
- 4:00pm: Power Networking and Opening speeches
- 5:00pm: Panel on ending sexual harramement with Rebecca Traister, New York Magazine; NYC Council Women’s Caucus Chair Helen Rosenthal; and local advocates.
- 6:00pm: There will be consultation and coaching for women who want to run for office, those who want to support them and other advocacy tactics by experts from VoteRunLead, The Broad Room and other organizations.
- Food and Beverage will be served.