Need a little help stepping into your ambition and defining your expertise? We can help. It starts with a fill-in-the-blank statement as simple as: I am an expert in: _____ Because I: ________. We know it sounds easier than it is! Read on why to learn why we need you to take this critical step in owning your leadership and scroll to the end for the step-by-step.
Why do we need women’s leadership?
Research confirms that investments made in women’s leadership development yield significant results and greater returns for communities, governing bodies, organizations, and business. Women from all walks of life are passionately concerned about issues of great importance – many are anxious to do more about it. Start by owning your expertise and stepping into you ambitions! Research confirms that investments made in women’s leadership development yield significant results and greater returns for communities, governing bodies, organizations, and business.
In decision-making positions, women tend:
- To bring more people to the table.
- Be consequence oriented.
- Reach across party lines.
What women bring
People are looking to women for solutions to complex problems. Research shows diverse leadership is better leadership.
MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUALLY AMBITIOUS But not equally recognized.
- Women tend towards leadership for impact/purpose over status or position.
- Fewer role models exist for women to develop a leadership identity.
- Women experience more ‘risk’ when displaying ambitious behavior.
- Women do not self-advocate and don’t take credit for their work as easily and often as men.